Jason and Amanda Joy Wells were thirty-something newlyweds who, two weeks after tying the knot in spring 2009, moved into their first home, a beautifully preserved 1949 one owner home filled with charming character (and lots of potential)...not to mention the giant workshop and all the fruiting trees and bushes in the back yard. This site is meant to document the evolution of this house into their home as well as all of the events, occasions and happenings in and around it.


Thursday, June 4, 2009

The baby-new garden

I've never planted a garden before...I'm excited and nervous and neurotic about it. I find myself going outside every half hour or so to make sure that everything is still alive. Until I met Jason I had a certifiably black thumb. Now, after living with happy living plants for a while, I'm going to give a try at not killing some plants for a change. Thankfully Jason can help me.

It seems like I am approaching it more like an artist than a gardener and I have a feeling that I will be learning ALOT about how laughable this first attempt will be when I look back on it but it was relaxing and creative and I needed that.

3 comments:

catie said...

What you guys have accomplished so far is AMAZING! Robbie, Jackson and I can't wait to see it in person. The garden is lovely. Love you!

mcarp said...

I'm really impressed with what you've done already. I really like the colors you've chosen!

mamaofsugarpies said...

Love the sweet Buddha garden, great new paint, & ugh I hate removing old wallpaper...& all we have had to take out was border. I know you'll all be very happy in your sweet new home:)