- 1 cup of EV olive oil
- 1 TBSP of turmeric root, shredded (Natural Grocers carries it)
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano, chopped
- a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
The longer it sits, the more potent it becomes. All of these ingredients have some sort of skin benefit when applied topically. I don't know if dried oregano or turmeric powder will be as effective, but I'm sure it's better than nothing. (add a 1/2 tbsp of each if using dry ingredients).
The salad dressing is pretty simple too..I only make enough for each salad that serves 4 people. I've never actually measured the ingredients out, but this is my best guess:
- 1 TBSP of miso (i used 18 month aged barley miso)
- 1 TBSP of water to mix into miso before adding remaining ingredients
- 1 TBSP of oil concoction
- 1 TBSP of Veganaise (or mayo...yogurt might work)
- 1 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
One thing to note: turmeric can stain things yellow and will leave a slightly yellow tint to your skin where applied. Just sayin. If you make this recipe and it speeds healing for somthing, I would LOVE to hear about it!